Target & Goal
Vitamins are chemicals that are needed by your body for good health. They are vital for everyone and ensure that your body works well, is able to fight illness and heal well.
Vitamin D is important for good overall health and strong and healthy bones. Most Vitamin D is made by the body as a natural by-product of the skin's exposure to sunlight. It is vital for health, as it helps cells absorb calcium and is key for bone strength. It’s also an important factor in making sure your muscles, heart, lungs and brain work well and that your body can fight infection. Below are some more contributions of Vitamin D in the body’s functioning:
- Immune system, which helps you to fight infection
- Muscle function
- Cardiovascular function, for a healthy heart and circulation
- Respiratory system, for healthy lungs and airways
- Brain development
- Anti-cancer effects
The Genes tests reveal:
Today, Vitamin D is seen as a vital part of good health and it’s important not just for the health of your bones. Recent research is now showing that Vitamin D may be important in preventing and treating a number of serious long-term health problems.
Vitamin D is one of many nutrients our bodies need to stay healthy. Among the vitamin's main functions, it helps the body:
- Absorb calcium. Vitamin D, along with calcium, helps build bones and keep bones strong and healthy.
- Block the release of parathyroid hormone. This hormone reabsorbs bone tissue, which makes bones thin and brittle.
Genetic test results
The test results will contain the observed, active genes in the test. The test report will be formatted and will be mailed electronically to the subject as an attached file. Please note, this test does not diagnose any sickness, but indicates the connections between the subject and his or her population group based on the tested gene.
How the test is performed
The test is performed using a sampling toolkit of saliva or mucosa. The test is simple, painless, and subject-friendly; suitable for any age. Children under the age of 18 will need a parent’s signature in a parental agreement form.
5 Easy Steps Of Sample Collection
- Large amount of saliva or mucosa needs to be sampled in order to perform the test.
- Spitting in the toolkit is not permitted.
- After opening the test stick, it should not be put on any surface other than the mouth to avoid contamination.
- After the sample collection, it should be returned to the toolkit immediately and the toolkit needs to be closed.
- The toolkit includes an agreement form that needs to be completed, signed and attached to the test delivery package.
Easy delivery and schedule
On receiving the test order confirmation, the toolkit will be sent to the specified address of the subject. The toolkit includes a prepaid return delivery package. The only thing required from the subject is to provide the sample in the test toolkit and to complete and sign the agreement form in the package and mail it back. Delivery services will be provided with additional fees. The test results will be mailed electronically to the subject after 2-3 weeks, thus promising complete privacy and confidentiality.